We are a registered charity whose focus is on conducting research, advancing education, and promoting an awareness of complementary health and its benefits to overall wellbeing.
- Australian Privacy Principles means the principles set out in Schedule 1 of the Privacy Act.
- Personal Information has the meaning given to it in the Privacy Act. For example, Personal Information includes your name and contact details.
- Privacy Act means the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
- Sensitive Information has the meaning given to it in the Privacy Act. Sensitive Information is a sub-set of Personal Information that is given a higher level of protection under the Australian Privacy Principles. For example, Sensitive Information includes information relating to your health and membership of professional associations.
- Site means the website, available at https://www.souladvisorfoundation.org, that we provide to users.
Personal information we collect
The types of Personal Information we may collect about you include:
- your name;
- your contact details, including email address, and/or telephone number;
- your age;
- your Sensitive Information as set out below;
- your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and/or browsing behaviour;
- information about your access and use of our Site, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our Site, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider;
- information about your interaction with email messages we send you (or our subcontractors send you on our behalf), including whether you opened or clicked a link in that email message;
- additional Personal Information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through your use of our Site, email messages, associated applications, associated social media platforms and/or accounts from which you permit us to collect information; and
- any other Personal Information requested by us and/or provided by you or a third party (including anonymised and aggregated information provided to us by SoulAdvisor Pty Ltd).
We may collect these types of Personal Information directly from you or from third parties. We may also combine or link the Personal Information we collect about you, for example by linking user account data with email interaction data to understand the effectiveness of our marketing activities and improve our service.
Our purposes in collecting and using Personal Information
We may collect, hold, use and disclose Personal Information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use our Site, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to conduct research into, and publish thought leadership / educational material on, complementary therapies;
- to contact and communicate with you;
- for internal record keeping, administrative purposes, invoicing and billing purposes;
- for analytics, market research and business development, including to measure the effectiveness of our advertising and to improve our Site, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to run competitions and/or to offer additional benefits to you;
- for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you;
- to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have; and
- to consider your employment application.
Opt-out and consent to our use of your Personal Information for marketing purposes
As noted above, we collect, hold, use or disclose Personal Information for the purposes of advertising and marketing. By providing us your contact details, you consent to receiving marketing material from us. We do not provide your Personal Information to other organisations for the purpose of direct marketing unless expressly authorised by you.
You may opt out of receiving this marketing material from us at any time by contacting us using the details below or using the opt-out facilities provided in the material (e.g. an unsubscribe link). We will then ensure that your name is removed from our mailing list.
Disclosure of Personal Information to third parties
We may disclose Personal Information to:
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to assist us in providing our services to you, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers and professional advisors;
- our employees, contractors and/or related entities (including providing anonymous aggregated data to SoulAdvisor Pty Ltd);
- sponsors or promoters of any competition we run;
- anyone to whom our business, assets or shares (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred or issued;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you. This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of Australia; and
- third parties to collect and process data, such as Google Analytics and Ontraport. This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of Australia.
Disclosure of Personal Information to third parties based overseas
If we disclose your Personal Information to third parties based overseas, we are required to take reasonable steps to ensure that the third party does not breach the Australian Privacy Principles unless:
- you have given us your consent to disclose Personal Information to that third party without ensuring their compliance with the Australian Privacy Principles;
- we reasonably believe that:
– the overseas recipient is subject to a law or binding scheme that is, overall, substantially similar to the Australian Privacy Principles; and
– we can enforce the law or binding scheme; or
- the disclosure is required or authorised by an Australian law or court/tribunal order.
You acknowledge that overseas third parties may not be regulated by the Privacy Act and the Australian Privacy Principles. If any third party engages in any act or practice that contravenes the Australian Privacy Principles, it would not be accountable under the Privacy Act and you will not be able to seek redress under the Privacy Act.
How we collect and use Personal Information that is also Sensitive Information
The type of Sensitive Information we may collect about you includes:
- information relating to your health – for example, information relating to your use of our Site, such as which of our educational materials you have accessed; and
- any other Sensitive Information you choose to provide to us from time to time.
Provided you consent, your Sensitive Information may only be used and disclosed for purposes relating to the primary purpose for which the Sensitive Information was collected, including:
- conducting our research activities, for example by analysing anonymised and aggregated information relating to levels of demand for different treatments;
- providing thought leadership and educational materials to you and other users, for example in the form of posts available on our Site or through email, though any Personal Information used for this purpose will be anonymised and aggregated;
- providing services for a purpose that is directly related to the primary purpose for which the Sensitive Information was collected; and
- referring you to medical or health service providers in circumstances where it is impractical for us to obtain your consent.
Sensitive Information may also be used or disclosed if required or authorised by law.
Your rights and controlling your Personal Information
Anonymity: Where practicable we will give you the option of not identifying yourself or using a pseudonym in your dealings with us.
Access: You may request access to the Personal Information that we hold about you by contacting us using the details below. An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of such information.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
If you are not satisfied with our handling of your complaint, you can also complain to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner through their website available at https://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/privacy-complaints/ or their email address email@example.com (or such other contact details as they provide on their website).
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our e-mail database or opt-out of communications (including
Storage and security
We are committed to ensuring that the Personal Information we collect is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures, such as encryption of data at rest using AES encryption, encryption of data in transit, and monitoring of internal staff access to data, to safeguard and secure the Personal Information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
The Personal Information we collect is stored with reputable and secure cloud hosting providers such as Amazon Web Services and reputable and secure cloud service providers such as Dropbox.
Cookies and web beacons
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
We may also use web beacons on our Site from time to time. Web beacons (also known as Clear GIFs) are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the visitor’s behaviour and collect data about the visitor’s viewing of a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
We may use third parties such as Google Analytics and Ontraport to collect and process cookie and web beacon data. To find out how Google and Ontraport use data when you use third party websites or applications, please see https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites and https://ontraport.com/legal or any other URL Google or Ontraport may use from time to time.
Links to other websites
For any questions or notices, please contact us at:
SOULADVISOR FOUNDATION LTD ACN 629 503 626
Last update: 20 May 2021